After our mom interviews yesterday with three boy moms, I was inspired to share this with you guys. I LOVE being a boy mom…but it’s not for the faint of heart.
Being a boy mom means…
- Having bruises everywhere – and not having a clue where they came from.
- You’ve been tackled more today than Saquon Barkley has all season.
- You know who Saquon Barkley is.
- You’ve given in to how much dirt is acceptable to sleep in.
- You know exactly which LEGO you just stepped on in the dark based on its imprint in your foot.
- You know that if it’s taller than he is, he wants to climb it. And jump off. Again and again. And again.
- When you hear “WATCH THIS!” you have a heart attack.
- You’ve heard “WATCH THIS!” 1000000x in your son’s short life.
- Your knowledge of construction vehicles/dinosaurs/race cars can rival any man’s.
- You live for the moments when your child stops running around like a crazy person and hugs you.
- You need this post about how to wear out your high energy child.
- You sometimes envy girl moms who can actually sit and finish a cup of coffee…in the morning.
- You have to clarify that you want your child to wash with soap.
- You’ve given up all hopes that your child will ever be a polite eater.
- When you hear your son say, “I love you, mommy,” it makes up for the fact that they’ve created enough laundry for an entire army of washing machines.
- You’ve thrown out clothes that were beyond washing.
- You’ve hidden THAT shirt that they want to wear over and over again.
- If you want your son to do something, you know that all you have to do is turn it into a race or contest of strength.
- You’ve acknowledged that a head butt from your son is a great sign of affection. The harder the head butt, the more he loves you.
- You’ve dug through your vacuum dustbin searching for LEGO pieces.
- It’s a regular occurrence for your child to drop his pants and pee in the grass – no matter who else is present!
- You don’t even flinch when they burp or fart…in your face.
- You know that their finest sports jersey is considered Sunday best..
- You’ve looked into a diaper and wondered: “Is that poop…or testicles?”
- You already know that no girl can ever love them as much as you do (and yet you hope some day someone will!)
- Going to Home Depot/Lowe’s with your son is akin to bringing them to Disney world.
- Whenever you enter someone’s home, you just pray that you can leave without them breaking something.
- You can comfortably breastfeed your son while he turns backflips over you.
- You speak in noises more than actual words.
- You will respond to a variety of names other than ‘mama,’ such as Owlette, Skye, Ghost Spider, Pink Power Ranger, Black Widow, or any other token girl superhero name.
- You’ve said “be gentle” and “be careful” about 500000000x in their short lives.
- You think there should be a special kind of health insurance for little boys.
- At night, when you put them to bed, you squeeze them tight and watch them sleep, knowing that your time with them will always be too short.
- You are proud to be a boy mom.
If you’re a fellow boy mom, what’s your favorite thing about being a boy mom? Comment below!