Fall is my favorite season! I love the crisp coolness and the anticipation of the holiday season. It’s the best time for outdoor activities. If you’re looking for some fun fall activities to do with your spouse or even for a special activity with your kiddos, here are some of my favorite fall ideas:
- Pumpkin carving contest – use a pumpkin carving stencil or free hand!
- Recreate your favorite fall treats
- Apple picking
- Autumn star gazing – if you have access to a truck, you can put an inflatable mattress in the bed of the truck and drive out to a low-light area to stargaze
- Visit a local coffee shop or bakery for fall-flavored treats
- Find a fall festival nearby
- Browse a farmers market and pick up some seasonal foods – perfect for making this butternut squash curry!
- Hike/nature walk – collect some leaves for fun fall decor!
- Go camping (even if it’s in the backyard – or the living room!)
- Light a fire & roast marshmallows
- Snuggle up and watch a scary movie
- Make some energy bites
- Do a service project together or do a random act of kindness
- Put together a “boo” basket and surprise a family in your neighborhood
- Go kayaking
- Go to a football game
- Make a daily fantasy football team together – watch the games and cheer for your team together
- Check out a local brewery
- Decorate your home with fall decorations together
- Go biking
- Do a fall photo shoot
- Put together a couples or family Halloween costume
- Go to a local bookstore and pick a book to read together
- Make a fall wreath
- Pack a picnic
- Go fishing
- Play frisbee golf
- Go for a drive in the country
- Make a big batch of your favorite soup or chili – share with a neighbor!
- Write a scary story together – to make it extra interesting, take turns writing each sentence.
- Make a “thankful pumpkin” or a “thankful tree” for your family to write out the things you’re thankful for
- Make some apple butter or other fall flavored jams
- Plan some healthy additions to your Thanksgiving menu
- Make a big batch of pumpkin spice oatmeal
- Grow & plant some seeds with this fun seed experiment
For more date night ideas, check out 52 Stay-at-Home Date Ideas!