If you’re looking for a Father’s Day craft to do with your little one, you’ve come to the right place! My sister-in-law, Amanda (our resident Arts & Crafts Guru), created this adorable craft with her daughter, Lily. This would be a nice touch for a dad or grandpa who loves fishing! For more Father’s Day inspiration, check out the results of our Father’s Day Survey: What Dads Really Want for Father’s Day. Also, don’t forget to click through the crafts & gift guide from other mama bloggers at the end of this post!
Hooked on Daddy Father’s Day Craft
- White and blue paper
- Popsicle stick
- Yarn or ribbon
- Glue or other adhesive
- Googly eye
- Optional: other decorations (sequins, mini pom pom balls, fabric paint, etc.)
- Your child’s hand!
1. Draw a wavy water line on blue paper, then cut and paste onto white paper.
2. You can pencil in “hooked on daddy” if you’re bad at free-handing, then trace over with a sharpie.
3. Tie a piece of yarn (or twine or ribbon) around a popsicle stick, then paste it down with whatever you have. I used clear duct tape but I bet a little bit of tacky glue or hot glue would be even better.
4. Spread a glob of orange paint on a paper plate, dunk your kiddo’s hand in it, then plaster it onto the water- it’s ok if it doesn’t look perfect-fish are all unique! While the paint is still wet, take a googly eye and place it where the eye should go.
5. Let it dry, then glue the string down where the mouth would go.(I used tacky glue. Feel free to glue string down in other areas as well to better hold it in place)
6. Finally, if your kid is old enough they can decorate the fish with whatever they’d like! We chose dimensional fabric paint for stripes and dots but you could use sequins or different colored paint and make patterns with their fingerprint! All done! We’re going to write a sweet note to dada on the back of this card as well.
Other Father’s Day Crafts & Gift Guides to Check Out:
Mamma Tribe’s 5 Simple Father’s Day Cards
A Hundred Affections’ Easy DIY Sharpie Mugs
Coffee and Carpool’s Pointilism Father’s Day Art
All Modern Mommy’s Printable Father’s Day Cards
Art Craft & Fun’s Paper Roll Shirt Father’s Day Craft
Colossal Umbrella’s Father’s Day Gift Guide
The Bustling Mom’s Gift Guide: 20 Father’s Day Gifts That Don’t Cost a Thing!
Mom Brite’s Free Father’s Day Mini Book Printable
I hope this helps create a special and memorable Father’s Day for your hubby or dad! Again, don’t forget to check out What Dads Really Want for Father’s Day.