I LOVE one pan meals. Anything that can help with the ease of preparation and clean up is a win-win-win for me! Lately, because of my chronic pain, I’ve been doing an anti-inflammatory eating regimen (essentially cutting out dairy, gluten, white sugar and adding as many inflammation fighting foods as possible) so I’ve been experimenting with different alternatives to typical meals. This one pan gluten free (GF) chicken tenders recipe with broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes is a big hit in our house.
Pin this for later!
I bought these gluten-free chickpea crumbs on a whim at Walmart and I’m so happy I did! This breadcrumb alternative has the right amount of crunch to it and is perfect for making these healthy chicken tenders. They’re made only with organic chick peas, so they’re a solid source of protein as well.
I wanted my chicken tenders to have a little “kick” to them, so I added some chili powder and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper in the chickpea crumbs (along with garlic powder, salt and pepper). This can be adjusted based on how spicy you want your chicken tenders.
After whipping the egg and preparing the breadcrumb mixture, I set up my station so that I could quickly dip my tenderloins in the egg, dredge it in the chickpea crumbs and place it in the baking dish.
I chopped the broccoli into smaller pieces so that they would roast a little quicker – we like our broccoli on the crispier side. Then I squeezed the lemon over the whole dish and put the juiced lemon wedges in to bake with the meal. I also coarsely chopped the garlic and spread it over the dish along with the julienned sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts.
Lately I’ve been using a meat thermometer so as to not overcook my chicken – especially chicken tenderloins like this, which dry out so easily. I cooked mine at 375 for 22 minutes and they were perfectly moist!
One Pan GF Chicken Tenders & Broccoli with Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 3/4 cup chickpea crumbs or other breadcrumb alternative
- 1 egg whipped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- sprinkle cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 4 cloves garlic coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz julienned sun-dried tomatoes (equivalent to half a jar of sun-dried tomatoes)
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 375. Prepare breadcrumb mixture by pouring breadcrumbs and seasonings onto a plate and mixing together. (Add more or less of the chili powder and the cayenne pepper if you want the chicken tenders to be more/less spicy.) Spread aluminum foil onto large baking dish and spray with cooking spray/oil. Whip the egg.
- One by one, dip chicken tenderloins into beaten egg and then dredge into breadcrumb mixture. Place onto the baking dish about one inch apart.
- Cut up broccoli into small pieces and toss in olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread broccoli around the edge of the pan (not covering the chicken). Sprinkle lemon juice over the entire dish. Coarsely chop garlic and spread throughout dish. Sprinkle pine nuts over dish.
- Bake at 375 for 20-24 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 and broccoli is cooked through. Optional: broil on high for 2-3 minutes for extra crispy broccoli and chicken.
- You can eat as is or serve with pasta or quinoa!