It’s summer time! And what a strange summer it’s been so far…
Look, we ALL need some fun, de-stressing dates with our spouse this summer. Talk to your spouse and pick a day of the week to be your “date day” and then make it happen! Even if you don’t have a sitter, some of these can all be done from the comfort of your home. The rest are social-distancing approved.
Also, if you want more stay-at-home date ideas, I’ve got a whole year’s worth of ideas right here.
Don’t forget to sign up to receive the at-home date game: Truth or Date. It’s a ton of fun and all you need is some paper, a printer and your spouse.
The great thing about this list is that most – if not all – of these ideas can be done as activities with your kiddos! So if you’re looking for something to do during these hot summer days as a family, look no further.
26 Summer Date Ideas:
1. Light a fire and make some s’mores – or, try this S’mores Puppy Chow
2. Have a picnic
3. Go swimming (at night!)
4. Sign up for a Masterclass (our latest favorite is Chris Hadfield’s class on Space Exploration!)
5. Make your own ice cream (check out this Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana “nice cream” from my friend Tabatha at Joy Fueled Journey!)
6. DIY some cocktail popsicles
7. After the kids go down, grab a blanket, head outside and do some summer Stargazing
8. Go hiking
9. Go kayaking/canoeing
10. Head to the beach – try surfing, paddle boarding or jet skiing!
11. Go berry picking
12. Go for a bike ride
13. Create a finger-licking BBQ spread (or, just order out!)
14. Have a water balloon/squirt gun fight!
15. Create your own slip-n-slide
16. Watch an episode of Tidying Up and organize a room/closet/drawer
17. Play soccer in the rain
18. Do an exercise video together (I love MommaStrong!)
19. Go to a farmer’s market
20. Make this pink lemonade ice cream, sit on the porch and watch the sunset
21. Read a favorite book together
22. Create your own mini golf in the house
23. Take food to a food pantry
24. Create a blanket fort and watch a movie on your laptop inside the fort!
25. Try an at-home couples paint & sip
26. Order takeout and play Truth or Date (download the game below!)
What are some of your favorite summer date ideas? Comment below!
I love these summer date night ideas!! They’re each fun, but doable in our current circumstances. My husband and I have always been terrible about scheduling regular date nights, but they are so very needed! Thank you for such a great list, Tiffany!
Thanks, Tabatha! It’s so true – we need them so badly!! It’s hard to make them happen but every time we have a date, we both come back so refreshed and renewed for whatever’s ahead.